Bioinformatics Project Manager
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Project Manager - Bioinformatics position entails responsibility for executing scientific research in the bioinformatics department specifically related to the development of vaccines and therapeutic proteins and corporate work in immunogenicity screening.
The Project Manager - Bioinformatics:
- Collaborates with the project team to plan, coordinate and provide statistical analyses, summaries and reports for clients and internal research
- Communicate/present experimental data effectively and regularly to others during project meetings and scientific reviews
- Establishes protocol-specific data review and entry guidelines to document data validation and formatting procedures
- Assists in the review of interim/final reports prior to transmission to other groups
- Establishes project milestones and ensures that the resources assigned are adequate to meet program objectives
- Ensures projects are completed on time, on-schedule and within budget
- Identifies and tracks critical path/activities, risks, and alternatives
- Monitors new data from public databases and cleans loaded data to satisfy quality control criteria
- Manages all project and client communications while recording and tracking action items
- Represents Bioinformatics Department as inter-division liaison
- Assist in composition of any relevant publications/posters
- Keep current on applicable scientific literature.
- Interact with staff from all departments.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by management.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Basic knowledge in the areas of microbiology, immunology, or biochemistry as related to infectious diseases.
- Basic knowledge of statistics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with MS Office.
- B.A. or B.S. in Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent
- 2-5 years of related professional experience
- Experience with computer programming a plus