Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Prepare proteomics samples for mass spectrometry analysis of peptides and posttranslational modifications (PTMs) to better understand proteomic response to drug treatment.
Conduct protein and peptide fractionation and purification, enrichment of PTMs using affinity beads and antibody based approaches, enzymatic digestion of proteins and labeling of peptides with isobaric tagging reagents. Under guidance of the director, optimize and develop novel proteomics protocols as needed.
• Conduct protein quantification (BCA) and enzyme activity assays
• Perform drug treatment of cells and cell lysates.
• Analyze tissues and body fluids for biomarker studies
• Assess whether data passes QA/QC standards
• After a sufficient period of time, being able to train others in proteomics sample preparation methodologies
• Assemble data for dissemination to the public – making figures, reporting methods etc.
Basic Qualifications (required):
• Experience in cell culture
• Strong communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to learn new techniques and methods and regularly optimize workflows
• Excellent lab notebook, organizational skills and attention to detail and data quality
• Master’s or PhD in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology or related Biological Science
Lab Pros Inc.
333 Wyman Street
Waltham, MA 02451
P: (781) 810-4877