Needed for ongoing research study until 2021.
Design and implementation of AWS cloud infrastructure, preferably within a health or pharma research environment. This role will require the ability to apply architectural skills in the evaluation and troubleshooting of our evolving platforms. The position involves supporting multiple project applications, creating new processes and their implementations in multiple IT locations, and acting as liaison with IT groups in those locations. The successful candidate will be able/required to interact with and advise non-technical colleagues.
Understand, anticipate, design and deliver the needs of our supported research teams in the collection and analysis of data. Participate in project meetings representing the technical team. Manage and support research environments in multiple hosting sites. Develop and implement automation strategies for gathering and maintaining data. Guide and support the data and management teams.
- Experience deploying, securing, and administering Linux servers, VPN, VNC, storage management and application servers (e.g., Ruby on Rails), on virtual servers and AWS •Database schema design and development experience for RDBMS (specifically PostgreSQL)
- Responsible for database infrastructure, back-up and restore support, and general administration
- Experience building, troubleshooting, and debugging applications and programs in a Linux environment
- Proficiency with system scripting languages (e.g. bash, python)
- Some experience with clinical data management EDC systems (e.g. REDCap) preferred, but not required.
- Installation and support of research analysis and oriented software such as R, SAS, MATLAB, stata and their integration with databases, where applicable
- Familiarity with system management tools (e.g., git, Ansible)
5-10 years Linux experience.
(Centos, RHEL, Ubuntu, Debian).
Systems development in health or pharma research a plus.
Support multiple project applications.DBA exp in PostgreSQL, SQL, etc.
Experience with R, SAS, MATLAB, or Stata with DB integration.
HIPPA, CITI, PHI data security experience a plus.