You will also contribute in the
development of testing parameters to validate new formulations. You will work in a highly
cross-functional team environment that includes expertise in hardware engineering as well as
broad systems engineering and manufacturing. We offer a truly a dynamic and professionally
interesting place to work.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Recent graduates will be able to put your academic studies to immediate use, and more
experienced engineers and scientists will have the opportunity to use your technical, leadership
and mentoring skills to help the team deliver breakthrough results in molecular recognition gas
sensing. We have lots of great projects to work on:
• Identification of the appropriate selector molecules and polymers for gas sensing
• Design and execution of synthetic approaches to selectors and matrix materials.
• Design and execution of test methodologies to validate selector and matrix material
• Selection and maintenance of appropriate synthetic and testing raw materials and work
• Performance of routine data and statistical analysis using standard tools such as Excel
• Positive problem solving and effective communication of technical results, challenges
? BS degree (in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or a related
? For the more senior roles, 2 to 5+ years of professional experience or an advanced
degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or a related discipline.
? Demonstrated aptitude in designing and executing chemical or materials syntheses.
? Experience with statistical analysis tools such as Excel and/or MATLAB.
? Strong skills in designing and interpreting experiments.
? Cross-functional skills and abilities (for example, having a combination of chemistry,
chemical engineering, material engineering and/or electrical engineering skills).
? Ability to prototype small enclosures or mechanical devices.
? Experience in nanomaterial functionalization and dispersion is a plus.