The Manufacturing Technician is responsible for the end-to-end manufacturing of product in a manufacturing environment. The Manufacturing Technician will work in a continuous manufacturing environment, operating and monitoring all test/inspection and manufacturing equipment and documenting relevant data in strict adherence to protocols.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Test incoming chemicals/materials to ensure only product that meets the manufacturers specifications are used for manufacturing.
- Blend chemicals together per recipes defined by engineering, continuously or in a batches, for large scale manufacturing.
- Deposit chemical blends ,using deposition equipment, onto substrates.
- Perform In-Process Quality Control (IPQC) at logical points in the manufacturing process as defined by the Manufacturing Process Engineer/Manager.
- Execute Outgoing Process Control (OQC) on complete product before it ships to customers.
- Organize and maintain the chemical storage and manufacturing areas using 5S principles.
- Have a good mastery of manufacturing and test/inspection processes and equipments used in the manufacturing process. Provide closed-loop feedback to the Manufacturing Process Engineer/Manager especially for continuous improvement of the test/inspection and manufacturing process .
- Implement good book keeping of all equipment calibration and maintenance, test/inspection and Statistical Process Control (SPC) records.
- Keep test/inspection and manufacturing equipment in good working order by performing regular inspection, cleaning, servicing along with routine and preventative maintenance to make sure the machine or process never breaks down.
- Ensure all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), health and safety protocols are adhered to during the manufacturing process.
- When needed, assist the Manufacturing Process Engineer/Manager with maintenance of production documentation (equipment manuals, process maps, etc.).
- Associate's degree in applied science or chemical technolog/chemistry or associated job based experience.
- Proven capability in settting up, operating, troubleshooting (when necessary) chemical lab oratory/manufacturing equipments.
- Has applied the Lean 5S principle in a previous role in a chemical manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- 3+ years in a medium to large scale chemical manufacturing environment in a manufacturing technician or similar capacity.
- Has strong inclinations to make data driven decisions.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills.
- Has done coursework in statistics and computer science or has previously performed data analysis and modeling in previous roles.
- Good communication and report writing skills.
- Track record of being a good team player.
- Good multi-tasking capability.
- Training and/or Certification in Lean methodology highly preferred.