Electrical Engineer I/II – Job Description
The Electrical Engineer I/II will directly support senior technical staff and a Scrum Master by providing technical execution in the areas of systems integration including circuit design, prototyping, testing and to provide technical oversight for external systems integration programs. This will be done in a highly cross-functional team environment; deep expertise in hardware engineering as well as broad engineering and manufacturing skills are desired.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Electronic circuit prototyping -- design and simulation of electrical circuits to facilitate gas sensing mechanisms
- Printed circuit board layout
- Microcontroller programming
- Prototyping of embedded systems for data acquisition and data transfer
- Design and implementation of controlled-atmosphere testing equipment
- Effectively communicate technical results, challenges and requirements to a multi-disciplinary team
- BS degree (e.g., Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering), advanced degree desired but not required
- Proficient in embedded programming of microcontrollers
- 2-4 years of work experience designing and simulating electrical circuits using CAD packages
- 2-4 years of work experience prototyping electrical circuits and conducting tests to validate electrical performance.
- Cross-functional skills and abilities (e.g. having both electrical engineering and mechanical engineering skills)
- Ability to rapidly prototype designs
- An understanding of chemistry and materials engineering