POSITION SUMMARY: The Microbiologist will carry out the day to day activities of the microbiology lab and ensure its smooth and efficient operation, and will perform microbial testing and some analytical testing.
CORE POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: (not all inclusive)
- Perform all bacteriostasis and fungistasis testing to determine the degree that treated articles inhibit the growth of microorganisms. Typical protocols include ASTM, AATCC, JIS, GB, and ISO test methods, using the TEMPO enumerator and/or standard plate count.
- Maintain documentation per and GLPs and SOPs
- Remain current with ASTM and AATCC test methods related to Sciessent products.
- Generate technical reports for technical team and clients.
- Review and confirm data of assays performed by co-workers.
- Generate Sciessent certificates of performance and certificates of analysis.
- Perform preventative maintenance on laboratory equipment.
- Maintain adequate inventory of laboratory supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience performing ASTM, AATCC, JIS, GB, and ISO inhibitory test methods.
- Ability to manage and prioritize duties and workflow through laboratory.
- General laboratory skills including pipetting, preparation of biological and chemical solutions, proper sample handling for microbiology analyses, thorough and prompt lab documentation
- Ability to maintain and calibrate general laboratory equipment such as micro-pipettors, analytical balances, and the Graphite Furnace Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer.
- Flexibly and simultaneously handle multiple priorities
- Strong priority and time management skills
- Ongoing attention to detail
- Strong customer focus / team focus
- Sense of urgency / proactive / positive attitude
- Excellent technical, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to organize, communicate and work effectively with the Sciessent team
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- B.S in Microbiology or biological sciences.
- 1-5 years of experience in microbiological laboratory operations.
- Competent with Microsoft Office applications and email
- Flexibility, routine hours may vary based on the needs of the company.